In celebration of World Photography Day, we are launching our second photo competition for all ages! This years theme is ‘People vs. Nature’. Read on to learn more!
People vs. Nature
We live in a rapidly changing world, and whether we intentionally mean to change the natural world around us, we all have an impact on our surroundings. If you look outside your window, what do you see? A nice green lawn, the hustle bustle of a city? Whatever it is, nature will be there if we look hard enough, from the plants that sprout out between pavements cracks, or the birds that rest on telephone pylons. Whatever it is, nature continues to be resilient to human presence.
We want you to take a moment to photograph this, because whether we like it or not, even in the vastness of a savannah, if you look hard enough, you can find evidence of human influence on nature. You may find something positive to snap, like a fun day in the wilderness, or dancing in the rain, or want to highlight the negative impacts people are having on the natural world. For example, a hermit crab with a plastic home instead of a shell, whatever it is, we want to see it.
Whatever you capture, please take time to also give it a title and short description, as the message is as just as important as the photo.
We have 3 categories; Adults, Youths, and Juniors. We ask for a small submission fee, which will be donated directly to the Conservation Education Society and Marine Education Centre programmes and operations
|Adults- 18 years and over||KSH 600/$6|
|Youth- 13 – 17 years old||KSH 400/$4|
|Junior- 12 years and under||KSH 300/$3|
How it works
- Submissions will be open from 19th August to 31st August 2021.
- Three photographs for each category will be chosen by independent judges.
- The top three photos for each category will be up for public voting between the 4th and 10th September 2021.
- A winner for each category will be announced on the 11th September 2021. The winner will receive a prize, prizes will be dependent on the winner’s country of residence.
Please read our Terms and Conditions before entering, see below.
To enter, simply complete the submission form by clicking the link below and we will contact you to confirm receipt and finalise payment.
- Once the submission form is completed, you can either pay the submission fee via Mpesa, Paybill: 607048, Account: PhotoComp/FULLNAME.
- Alternatively, you can pay online, please go to https://ceskenya.org/product/2021-photo-competition/ to pay via debit/credit card.
- If you have questions before entering, please contact email@example.com.
Terms and Conditions
The Conservation Education Society (CES) and Marine Education Centre (MEC) are hosting an online photography contest from 19th August to 11th September 2021. The terms and conditions acknowledged and agreed upon by each participant entering this contest are as follows:
- Photographs must be submitted by midnight on 3rd September to be considered for the contest; submissions following this will not be entered.
- Participants may submit from any country worldwide via the online link provided.
- Participants must fill in the online form, upload their photograph, then later follow the payment instructions received via email in order for their submission to be entered.
- Participants must have paid for their entry by midnight on 3rd September for their submission to be entered
- Participants must enter the correct age category and confirm their age for their submission to be entered
- Photographs submitted may be in their original state or altered with post editing software if the photographer wishes, but all work for the final product must be completed by the participant and confirmed upon entry.
- Photographs will not be included if they show any kind of animals abuse. This could be disturbance to wild animals, evidence of breaking the law, or distressful content.
- Participants may submit an unlimited number of photographs, but the entry fee must be covered per photograph – if you are questioning whether or not the image is taken ethically, it probably isn’t – take only photos, leave only footprints!
- Entries will not be accepted unless submitted via the official route of the online form followed by full payment.
- The top three entries from each age category will be chosen by members of the CES and MEC teams, following which they will be displayed on their media platforms and promoted for public voting from 6th to 10th September.
- Participants may promote their photograph within their networks if it reaches the top three for public voting.
- One winner per category will be announced on 11th September following the public voting.
- Prizes must be accepted by the winners, and are non-transferable.
- Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- Prizes will be delivered to the winners at the expense of CES and MEC.
- CES and MEC reserve the right to disqualify any entry deemed inappropriate in its content.
- Participants agree that photos submitted can be used by CES and MEC during the event promotion and future advertising purposes, with due credit given to the photographer.
- Violators of any of the above terms will be removed from the contest with no monetary refund.
- By entering this contest, participants agree that their submission fee will be donated to CES and MEC programmes and operations.