We are back with our THIRD photo competition, all in celebration of World Photography Day. This years theme is ‘Action for Nature’. Read on to learn more!
Action for Nature
Everyday people amaze us with their commitment to preserving nature! Whether this is planting a tree, cleaning their environment, teaching a class about nature or assisting a bee back outside, we want to see. No action is too small, as we believe even the smallest action has a significant impact. So submit your Action for Nature snaps into this year’s competition!
Whatever you capture, please take time to also give it a title and short description, as the message is as just as important as the photo.
We have 3 categories; Adults, Youths, and Juniors. We ask for a small submission fee, which will be donated directly to the Conservation Education Society education programmes and operations, this year we will be using funds towards providing photo workshops and photography opportunities for local students!
|Adults- 18 years and over||KSH 600/$5|
|Youth- 13 – 17 years old||KSH 400/$4|
|Junior- 12 years and under||KSH 100/$1|
How it works
- Submissions will be open from 19th August to 1st September 2022.
- Three photographs for each category will be chosen by independent judges. Judges use a scoring system, scoring appropriateness to theme, clarity and quality, originality, colour and lighting, artistic impression and caption/title.
- The top three photos for each category will be up for public voting between the 5th and 10th September 2021.
- A winner for each category will be announced on the 11th September 2021. The winner will receive a prize, prizes will be dependent on the winner’s country of residence.
Please read our Terms and Conditions before entering, see below.
To enter, simply complete the submission form by clicking the link below and we will contact you to confirm receipt and finalise payment.
- Once the submission form is completed, you can either pay the submission fee via Mpesa, Paybill: 607048, Account: PhotoComp/FULLNAME.
- Alternatively, you can pay online, please go to https://ceskenya.org/product/2022-photo-competition/ to pay via debit/credit card.
- If you have questions before entering, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terms and Conditions
The Conservation Education Society is hosting their third online photography contest from 19th August to 10th September 2022. The terms and conditions acknowledged and agreed upon by each participant entering this contest are as follows:
- Photographs must be submitted by midnight on 2nd September to be considered for the contest; submissions following this will not be entered
- Participants may submit from any country worldwide via the online link provided
- Participants must fill in the online form, upload their photograph, then later follow the payment instructions received via email in order for their submission to be entered
- Participants must have paid for their entry by midnight on 1st September for their submission to be entered
- Participants must enter the correct age category and confirm their age for their submission to be entered
- Photographs submitted may be in their original state or altered with post editing software if the photographer wishes, but all work for the final product must be completed by the participant and confirmed upon entry
- Photographs will not be included if they show disturbance to wild animals, evidence of breaking the law, or distressful content
- Participants may submit an unlimited number of photographs, but the entry fee must be covered per photograph – if you are questioning whether or not the image is taken ethically, it probably isn’t – take only photos, leave only footprints!
- Entries will not be accepted unless submitted via the official route of the online form followed by full payment
- The top three entries from each age category will be chosen by team members of the Conservation Education Society, following which they will be displayed on their media platforms and promoted for public voting from 5th to 9th September
- Participants may promote their photograph within their networks if it reaches the top three for public voting
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd winners per category will be announced on the 11th September following the public voting
- Prizes must be accepted by the winners, and are non-transferable
- Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice
- Prizes will be delivered to the winners at the expense of the Conservation Education Society
- We reserve the right to disqualify any entry deemed inappropriate in its content
- Participants agree that photos submitted can be used by the Conservation Education Society during the event promotion and future advertising purposes, with due credit given to the photographer
- Violators of any of the above terms will be removed from the contest with no monetary refund
- By entering this contest, participants agree that their submission fee will be donated to Conservation Education Society programmes and operations
If you have questions regarding any of the above, please contact us at email@example.com